Sunday, November 20, 2011

Disaster Averted

With every major crash there is a sense of impending doom.  Is this it?  Will I recover from this one?  Will I continue to get worse until I'm unable to move out of bed?  Will I be able to feed myself or look out of the window a month from now?  Or is this transient?  Will I recover?  Will it be a day, week, month, year, decade before I gain even a little ground?  With this illness one never knows.

Today, I felt better.  Of course I did too much.  But what is too much?  I had the nerve to take a shower because I stank.  I had the audacity to go to the store to order a turkey for Thanksgiving.  I had the gall to go out to dinner with my husband because I love eating out with him.  Yes, I was brash today.  I did too much and I enjoyed it.  I had a good day!  With this illness one never knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment