Friday, May 18, 2012

Mr. Golden Sun

"Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me.

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree

These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you.

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on,
please shine down on,
Please shine down on me."

-author unknown

I used to sing this song with my son when he was little.  I was singing it to myself while I lay outside sunbathing today.

It seems that I didn't have to wait until next winter to find out that sun exposure is critical to my energy levels.  We have had three weeks of lousy weather here in New England.  Typically it has been 4-5 days of rain interspersed with one or two days of sun or partial sun.  By the fourth day of sun deprivation, it is like my batteries start running down.  As soon as I sit out in the sun with as much of my body exposed as possible without scaring the neighbor's off, I feel better the next day.  My head is clearer.  The fog lifts.  I can do more stuff.  I'm up on my feet more.  I can even read a bit.  

If you haven't read my previous posts, my skin chemistry has changed due to eating pastured, grass fed meats and drastically reducing grains and sugar.  I'm sort of following a Primal diet.  Interesting thing is that although I sit out in direct sunlight with NO sunscreen on for a minimum of 30 minutes, often longer, I have not had a single sunburn (and I used to burn really easily) and after sunbathing for two months now I am just starting to show a slight tan.

I am currently reading Cure Tooth Decay and just waded through a chapter on vit A, D and gland function.  I haven't connected it with cell function and energy generation yet, but I feel like I'm getting closer to understanding the connections.  I'm hoping to write a long post about it in a few months when I get a better handle on the interrelations.

In the meantime, I continue to strive to eat a clean Primal diet and sit outside as much as possible.   Here is the song for today:


No comments:

Post a Comment