Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waiting for Poo

No, that isn't a typo.  I'm not waiting for Pooh bear.  I sent in my poo to a lab two weeks ago and I still don't have the results back.  My health is in decline again and I've had two weekends in a row where I've spent almost an entire day in bed feeling like absolute crap.  You know, those days where I look like I'm asleep but I'm really awake but just can't move.  Hubs keeps thinking I'll snap out of it if I just get some shuteye.  HAH!  Not a chance.

Anyway, back to the poo.  My doc wants the poo test results before he'll give me more antibiotics.  He wants to target the drug to what might be actually lurking in my guts.  Good idea and I approve of the plan but I wish the lab would hurry up.  I'm still doing better than December but the number of bad days are increasing.  I'm doing less around the house but I'm still managing to walk short distances unaided first thing in the morning.  The evenings are another story and my walker gets used way more often than I would like.

Of course my sleep is getting seriously wonky again and I'm not going to bed until 4, 5 or even 6am.  That puts a serious dent in the activities for the day.

During my better moments this year I have managed to get a bit of cleaning done.  I dusted down the walls in the kitchen.  Cleaned out the pan cupboard.  Moved the frozen meat to the new freezer in the garage.  Dusted off the plastic plant in the bathroom.  Gone through the kitchen cabinets and thrown out old food.  Gone through the fridge and gotten rid of whatever the heck was growing in there.  Some of it was beyond recognition.  I live with two other people but they are guys and just don't get the idea that the fridge needs to be cleaned out regularly.  Gross.  So I'm pretty happy.  I've gotten rid of the worst housekeeping catastrophes that were driving me batty.  I would love to be well enough to tackle the dust bunnies in the bedroom but that will have to wait for another day.  I never thought I would miss housecleaning or look forward to doing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment