Tuesday, February 7, 2012

IVs

Had my glutathione IV this afternoon.  This is the first time I've gone two weeks without one.  I'm feeling so much better.  My head is clear.  My good mood is back.  I'm walking around the house unassisted.  I'm going to have to tuck my walker away.  My headache is gone.  My body aches have disappeared.  My lymph nodes don't ache anymore.  Woohoo!!!

Well, I know the answer to one question I had, "is the glutathione still helping?"  Why, yes it is and I'm not going to go more than one week without one for the foreseeable future.

I also talked to the prescribing doc about the lipoic acid IV reaction.  He said he thought it was a detox reaction but I don't agree with him.  I've been through several detox reactions now and they weren't similar to this at all.  All my symptoms match the list for blood sugar crash.

My interpretation of what happened is this:

  1. Monday: blood sugar crash from lipoic acid IV
  2. Tuesday: CFS reaction to stress from blood sugar crash
  3. Wednesday: inability to sleep from lipoic acid
  4. Thursday on:  toxin buildup from lack of glutathione leading to headaches, dizziness, brain fog, bad sleep
I feel so much better this evening.  I can't wait to get a good nights sleep under my belt.  I should be somewhat functional tomorrow.  How great is that!?!  At any rate the doc and I agree that I won't be having any more lipoic acid IVs which is just fine by me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are doing so much better. Does it hurt to get these IVs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The needle pinches going in but the IV itself is painless.

    ReplyDelete