Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Leucine and KREBS

This is going to be short and sweet because I don't have time to hunt down the original paper links right now.  Prudential is demanding that I prove that I still can't work again.  Blergh

Davis et al have just shown that the immune system is haywire and the KREBs cycle is broken in PWME.  Their mito are fine but don't behave fine when exposed to the plasma of PWME so something is broken in our blood not our mito.  Our metabolites are also out of whack.

Along comes this article..
Targeting "Broken" Metabolism in Immune Cells Reduces Inflammatory Disease
http://www.scienceandtechnologyresearchnews.com/targeting-broken-metabolism-immune-cells-reduces-inflammatory-disease/
that discusses how our immune system essentially hijacks the KREBs cycle so it can make molecules to fight bugs (whether they exist for real or not).  This leads to some weird ass biochem going on and of course inflammation.  They developed a new protein that works well in mice and it is similar to Leucine.  (LOL now I remember WHY I bought that huge tub of leucine!!)  Hence, my leucine experiment is about to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment