Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Slipping and Sliding

I knew it would only be a matter of time; depression is slowly setting in.  I did awesome for so long considering my history of depression.  Things are weird for me.  My husband isn't coping with the changes in the house or me very well.  He hates having to take care of dinner and virtually throws a daily hissy fit when he has to deal with it.  Now that I've crashed for the last week from a combination of regular illness fatigue and depression fatigue I haven't been able to cook at all.  I don't think I've cooked for ten days now and we've been on a steady diet of take out.  Hubby doesn't cook.  I'm beginning to think I need to teach the kid.  He is certainly old enough to learn.

The battle against the depression this time has been odd.  This is the first time I've had an excellent acupuncturist taking care of me during a depressive bout.  We haven't quite figured out the protocol (number of needles where thing) yet.  The first session worked well and my good mood lasted several days.  The second session he pushed it and put in lots of needles to the point I was nauseous and he had to take some out.  The result was just short of a manic episode.  I felt great and stayed up all night.  Then when I finally came down I slept for 12 hours and then couldn't get off the couch for an additional 9 hours.  I eventually managed to get up and around and the depression crept back in.  I just finished session 3.  I've got a slight headache and it is 2am and I'm still up.  I'm feeling tired though which is a good sign.  I might get a decent nights sleep. He didn't use nearly as many needles this time.  I'm hoping for a good couple of days ahead. 

I see my regular doc tomorrow for my monthly check in.  We'll see what he says about things.  I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in talk therapy again.  Since I am in totally new territory I'm not adverse to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment