Thursday, May 26, 2011

Out To Lunch

I decided (well my body crapping out had a lot to do with the decision) that I needed to extend my vacation beyond Monday and have successfully done little other than make dinner for three days running.  I did make it out onto the deck today with my book and managed to read a little bit. 

I seem to be in crash mode so I have little choice in the matter but to rest a lot.  In the meantime I've enjoyed The Scarlet Pimpernel, Eureka, Farscape and Spongebob on Netflix.  Reading chunks of The Help (I'm sure I'm going to have to reread it since every time I pick the book up I find that I've already forgotten what I read the day before and I have to backtrack a few pages to pick up the story line again).  Lots of staring off into space.  I've managed to watch Days of Our Lives everyday this week.  

It is odd watching this soap.  I remember watching it with my Mum when I stayed home sick from school when I was a kid.  She doesn't remember but I thought I was being all grown up watching a special show with her.  I think of her every time I see the hourglass at the end of the show. 

I'm doing pretty well at ignoring back pain, neck pain, joint pain, headache, abdominal pain and the fact that I seem to be perpetually bringing up stomach acid.  It is a wonder that my voice works at all.  My brain has been checking out on me as well.  I'm having hours where I can't think straight and all I can do is stare off into space or just lie down in bed.  I never feel like I fall asleep but I do manage to loose  all sense of time during these episodes.  I might dose off but I'm never sure. 

I've decided that I'm going to take the rest of the week off as well.  Being my usual productive self I've been putting a to-do list together for myself for when I feel better.  Of course I sit with it in my lap and can't remember the pressing item I was going to write down on it. 

It has been great to be able to sit outside.  Some things I've learned: trees are not the same color of green but range from almost yellow to almost navy blue; there is a type of fly that likes the flower heads on the yellow weeds that have sprung up in my flower bed, the flys behave like bees hoping from flower to flower; the bumble bee hive is back under my deck; there are several cardinal pairs living close by; a male mallard thinks my closed swimming pool is a nice duck pond and the neighbors cats stay away when I'm out on the deck.

I'm seriously considering trying out my new tramadol med.  I'm really not sure if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight because of the pain.  I'm always scared to try new pain meds.  I never know how I'm going to react to them.  Thing is my back hurts pretty badly tonight.  Not sure I'm going to be able to ignore it once I stop distracting myself.....  Let the vacation continue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment