Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holiday Craziness

Since my last post I've been in the ER twice and had a killer migraine headache.  Hence the lack of posts here.

The ER visits were the result of a UTI that took off within six hours of onset to feeling like someone was holding a blow torch to my genitals.  OMFG talk about painful.  Of course one visit wasn't enough and after being in Friday day I had to go back Christmas evening.  A combination of not enough food, not enough water and an infection that was doing its best to take over my body.  Cipro is one nasty ass drug.

A result of being on killer antibiotics for two weeks is that it purged my system of every bacteria known to man and then some.  Once the infection cleared up I felt GREAT!  Better than I have in months.  Since I had a clean gut I decided to repopulate it with good bacteria so I've been eating fermented beets, sauerkraut, sourdough bread, yogurt, fermented cod liver oil, and massive probiotic pills.  I have also kept grains and sugars out of my diet as much as possible so I'm not feeding the bad bugs.  The cool thing about starting with a clean gut is that there was no die off reaction to the large doses of probiotics.  Woohoo!

I have energy.  My head is clear.  I'm reading again.  I want to exercise.  I'm in a great mood. My sleep has reset and I now have no trouble falling asleep in the late evening and getting up in the early morning without having to take melatonin or trazadone!

Of course there are a few other confounding factors to my new found health: I started glutathione shots (long story for another post) instead of my IVs, the shots include a dose of B12 and I started a pediatric dose of prozac.

Whatever is going on I'm happy about it.  I feel like I can take on the world for a change.  Don't get me wrong CFS is still there lurking in the background.  I still have to rest after each exertion.  I still can't walk down my own street but I'm feeling better than I have since last winter.  Whatever it is I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment