Saturday, November 3, 2012

Primal Plus

I mentioned several times over that I've gone on a Primal style diet (Paleo + dairy) and that I follow it about 80-90% of the time.  I've been at it for a year now and I've got some good news to report:


  • My hair is thicker.  Yup.  Wasn't expecting that one.  I knew my hair has been healthier since going 'pooless many months ago but hadn't noticed that it was falling out less.  Maybe it was the addition of iodine to my diet that knocked it over the edge.  Thinking back these past few months much less of my hair has been ending up in my comb and lining the bathroom sink.  In fact I hardly have to clean my comb at all.  The other day I noticed that the small elastic bands are starting to be difficult to put on.  A year ago I was tripling them over if not quadrupling them over.  Now I can barely make a double fold.  I even broke on the bands the other day trying to stretch it over my ponytail.  Woohoo!!!  My hair has been falling out for the last three decades!  Yup, 30 years.  I used to have hair so thick I had to buy the huge elastic bands for my braid.  I've been using the small ones for decades now.  Hubs used to find my hair all over the house.  I just shed like crazy.  Now?  Almost nothing.  I'm no longer pulling it out the bathtub drain, having to clean out the sink after a comb through or brush of my clothing.  I am so excited about this!  YAY!
  • My teeth are cleaner.  I had noticed them getting a tad whiter and they felt cleaner to me but the other week my dentist confirmed it.  She was getting me ready for my six month cleaning and said "you must be one of those people that just naturally get less plaque buildup".  Now this is monumental for me.  I'm English.  My teeth are chock full of fillings.  At one point I didn't see a dentist for 10 years or so; a combination of no insurance, no money and abject fear.  The first time I had to get my teeth cleaned they were so bad after an hour I had to come back for another one hour session for her to finish up.  I have improved my dental hygiene by leaps and bounds since that incident 15 years ago but never had a hygienist say my teeth looked good before she started working on me.  Anywho...   My new hygienist doesn't know my history.  All she saw were sparkly clean teeth that didn't need much work.  Yay me!! 
So HOORAY FOR PRIMAL FOOD!!  It is fixing my body slowly but surely.  Now if my CFS would just clear up....

No comments:

Post a Comment