Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NO!!

Warning: Profanity laced rant enclosed.

Hubs:  Our upload speed is 1/6 of our download speed for the internet.
Me: Yup.  It is very typical for the provider to have a much slower upload speed than download speed.
Hubs: But it is more than one half.  Could that be why the delay is occurring during my online gaming?
Me: Yes.  It certainly is.  You need to get the original contract and see what they promised you.  People have sued them in the past for breach of contract for not providing the services as stated.
Hubs (with enthusiasm): I'll get right on that.  I'm calling them tomorrow and get this fixed.
Me (to his receding back): You might want to look at the Medicare info instead.  It is a bit more important than whether you can shoot at zombies before getting killed.
(long delay: I go back to internet surfing)
Hubs (returns to room): I've got an idea, why don't you call them?
Me: I can't.
Hubs: Why not?  Just get a list of questions together and have them explain it to you.
Me: I can't.  It doesn't work that way.  The booklets explain everything I just can't read them or absorb the information.
Hubs: So hire someone to!  Get a lawyer to do it for you.
Me: It isn't a lawyer problem.  It is our health care.  We need to figure out what plans that we need and I can't do that.
Hubs (really agitated): I don't want to.  I already do the laundry, the garbage, the dishes...
Me (cutting him off): I know you do and I appreciate that but I just can't do this.  I can't read it.  I can't understand the information.  It is too much and too complicated.
Hubs (really pissed off): I don't want to do it.  (storms off)

So now what?  My insurance policy covers my entire family.  I'm getting pushed onto Medicare by the long term disability company.  This isn't supposed to happen until Dec1st but the last letter I got from the gov says it starts Nov1st.  I have no idea if my family will have no coverage in a week and a half.  I told hubs he needed to take care of this when the booklets started arriving in the mail months ago.  I told him I couldn't do this.  That I can't understand it.  He has ignored it.

What am I supposed to do when someone refuses to help me.  I mean flat out refuses and he is supposed to be my go to person.  My fucking SPOUSE who is supposed to be my partner and helper is refusing to help with something that is critical to not just me but the whole family!!  What do I say to people?  Hi, you barely know me but can you help me figure out my Medicare because my husband is refusing to have anything to do with this?  Yes, I know it is vital to my continued health care, access to doctors and prescription medications.  Yes, I know my child and husband will be affected by the changes.  No, he is refusing to help and I can't read or make sense of this.

So, he cares more about the fucking internet speed for his online gaming than health insurance for his family.  How does that make me feel?  A burden.  Useless.  Unloved.  Unimportant.    I am SO VERY ANGRY right now.  I cried a lot but it didn't help at all.  I'm really ANGRY.  FURIOUS.  Rip someone's head off angry.

I'm going to have to ask for help from my teenage son.  He shouldn't be doing this.  I hate asking but I can't think of anyone I can ask for help from.  Who is supposed to step in when a spouse won't help with something as fundamental as health care insurance?  My brother?  My sister?  They have crap of their own to take care of.  What is hubs doing?  Shooting zombies!!  What the FUCK is wrong with this picture!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment