Friday, September 3, 2010

Good Intentions

"The world's just not as sparkly as you want it to be. We should all carry some glitter and add a little bit along the way." -Sleep Talkin' Man

Even if I am housebound and don't believe that happy thoughts will cure me, I do believe that I can make the world a better place in small ways.

I just found this awesome website: Nerdfighters They are a group of Nerds that work to "decrease the suck and increase the awesome" in the world. What a great idea! Oddly enough I came to this website because of another chronically ill chick, Esther Earl. She recently lost her fight with cancer and a story was done about her on NPR. Apparently she was housebound due to her fight but that didn't mean she couldn't do good. She was very active on line and as a result affected many lives. There is a wonderful tribute to her on nerdfighters. I now want to spread the news about nerdfighters in hopes that other nerds out there like me want to decrease the suck and increase the awesome. We CAN do good even if we are housebound!!

No comments:

Post a Comment