Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fear Is The Mind Killer

Fear of getting worse
Fear of becoming bedridden
Fear of exercise
Fear of housework
Fear of walking
Fear of sleeping too much
Fear of sleeping too little
Fear of bankruptcy
Fear of loosing my house
Fear of "it's all in your head"
Fear of family/friends reactions
Fear of isolation
Fear of loneliness
Fear of boredom
Fear of misunderstanding
Fear of intimacy
Fear of divorce
Fear of ignorance
Fear of ostracism
Fear of being left behind
Fear of being left out
Fear of missing something
Fear of loss
Fear of poverty
Fear of strangers' reactions
Fear of misbelief
Fear of medical tests
Fear of depression
Fear of pain getting worse
Fear of getting well


"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


     -Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear."

From Frank Herbert's Dune

No comments:

Post a Comment