Monday, March 14, 2011

A Day of Bliss

I watched a wonderful documentary last night on Netflix called The Nature of Existence.  I loved it and already want to watch it again.  It is about one man's search for meaning.  He travels all over the world asking all manner of people about the meaning of life and the search for the divine.  Apart from this being a perfect movie for a chronic chick one phrase stuck with me. 

"Just surrender." 
It has been bouncing around in my head since I heard it.  Today I surrendered to my crash.  I finally stopped fighting my body and climbed into bed with a pile of pillows, my prayer shawl, my wristies and turned the radio on.  Although I was freezing cold I cracked the window open so that I could hear the wind in the trees and the birds that are finally returning from their warm adventures in southern realms.  The sun started breaking up the clouds so I just laid their enjoying the sun, the clouds, the birds, the wind and the slow drawl of NPR.  I was happy.  Since I was propped up I got to see a slightly different view out of my window which was an added treat.  I spent a wonderful afternoon just being and it was glorious.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to spend the day! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the outdoors. That is always a treat for me!

    ReplyDelete