Sunday, March 13, 2011

One of Those Days

Yes, it has been one of those days.  I thought this might happen since I did too much yesterday.  I'm having a PEM (post exertional malaise) day. 

It all started out innocently enough.   A shower (a luxury these days), a trip to the chiropractor for an adjustment.  I was supposed to just go home and throw dinner in the crockpot and kick back for the afternoon.  That was until I received an email from my lawyer.  This needed to be answered.  And of course since I'm a perfectionist and I want to make damn sure I get my story straight (the insurance company accused me of changing my story) this meant I had to dig out all of my notes.  And I do mean all.  I had date books, symptom lists, file folders full of clinical notes from my various doctors (yes, I have all of the clinical notes from every single doc I've been to for this) scattered all over the desk.  Of course with my brain messed up this also meant I got distracted and went off on tangents.  Tracing notes of symptoms when I was supposed to be finding dates and vice versa.  It took me three hours to compose this email.  I should have stopped at two.  By the time the third hour hit I could no longer type.   I had to write and erase, write and erase, ....  over and over and it still wasn't coming out right.  I finally gave up.  Added in an apology paragraph and let the typos roll. 

It wasn't a particularly long email.  I've written longer blog posts.  I was probably already cooked from my 'very busy' morning.  I was crashed by the end though.  I couldn't even focus my eyes anymore.  And then?  Hubby pitch a fit because I hadn't made dinner.  I told him that I had to email the lawyer and that took precedence.  He went out in a huff to get take out.  We ate dinner in silence. 

So what happened today?  I slept most of the day.  I could only stay awake for 2-3 hours at a stretch and then I had to sleep again.  I'm tired now and this is early for me.  It is only 1am and I'm usually up until 3am.  At least I'm finally sitting up again and able to focus and type.  Meh.  And I woke up in such a good mood and now I'm cranky and have a sore throat.  Wish I had some good news.  I just don't.  I'm looking forward to when all this LTD crap is over with and I can get back to trying to get better.

BTW, weird side note: I've been taking my temp for my new doc every day.  It has gone up by several tenths of a degree since I had that cortisone shot the other day.  Also my night sweats have shown up again.  Curiouser.  At least I'm sleeping better.  It is amazing how well I sleep with the right pain meds in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment