Sunday, June 5, 2011

Incy Wincy Spider

This is now the forth pain med that I've tried.  This latest one is Lyrica.  Pain wise it was great.  It took about three days but the pain was seriously reduced to very low level or gone completely.  Yay!  The bad news?  Horrible insomnia and dizzy spells.  After my very first dose I was awake for 25 hours straight.  I usually sleep at least 9 hours per 24 hour cycle.  That first night I wasn't sure if it was sugar, an adrenaline surge or caffeine so I stayed on the med.  I slept maybe 4-6 hours tops each night for the following week.  I was exhausted but when I lay down I just could not sleep.  All my old tricks didn't work; listening to the radio, concentrating on my breath, nothing.  Of course this was happening at the same time as my husband's terrible announcement so I wasn't sure if the insomnia was due to the pills or the heartbreak.  I stayed on the meds to see what happened since I didn't know what was going on.  A week later I've decided to stop the meds so I didn't have any today.  I was beginning to suspect that the meds were making my CFS much worse.  So today for the first time in a week I've had a clear head.  I've done lots of things today and I was surprised I wasn't quickly brought to my knees like yesterday.  Instead I've had a great day.  However, a few hours ago the bugs started crawling all over my skin.  Many of them biting me.  Little ones.  Sometimes it goes away but often I feel like I'm rolling around in a bed of needles.  It is rather like having a diffuse case of pins and needles over my entire body.  Lots and lots of little pricklies.  Of course there is nothing there.  Apparently this is a lovely undocumented withdrawal symptom of Lyrica.  I wonder how long this is going to last???  Poo.  I just can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment