Monday, December 13, 2010

Crappy Week

This is only going to be a summary.  I've had a crappy week.  I already posted about loosing my LTD.  I got the official letter on Wednesday.  I wrote a post about it but lost half of it when I lost internet.  I'll post it later after I've rewritten it.

I got the official letter from work regarding my termination.  I've worked there for 12 years.  Apart from 5 months when I was unemployed I've worked continuously since I was 14, that's 34 years.  Needless to say I find being jobless odd and a bit disconcerting.

My kid just came downstairs and told me that someone from his scout troop died while skiing today.  That was a shocker.  I know the kid and I've met him.  Of course I can't remember but I did recognize the name.  My son wasn't friends with him per say but my kid is still in shock from the suddenness and finality of it.

Hubby went to a Christmas party last night and hung out there for three hours talking with his friends.  One of whom just got married in October.  On his way home he got in a horrible car accident.  His wife was ejected from the vehicle.  They were both medlifted to Beth Israel in Boston.  They both underwent emergency surgery today and are both in ICU.  We have no idea if they are going to make it.  He has multiple broken bones and she has severe internal damage.  She lost her spleen and one of her kidneys.  We are just waiting now for more news.  I know both of them.

Another friend of hubby's rolled his truck.  This one fared a bit better and is walking and talking fine.  But he doesn't have money to fix his vehicle.

One of my blog acquaintances, Dominique, over at 4 Walls and a View has to put her lovely pug down tomorrow.  I cry every time I read the post.  I adore her dog even though I haven't met him.  The way she writes about him I can tell they adore each other.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that IS a crappy week! I can't believe so many tragedies have touched your family this week. Really puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

    I hope this week is better for you and that your friends are OK after their accident.

    Hang in there!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete