Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glutathione IV: Week Two, Part One

I had my second IV this afternoon.  Due to my, according to the nurse, severe reaction to the IV last week she had to talk to the doc today before deciding on a dose.  He decided to leave it at the 300mg that I started with last week.  Apparently my body is super sensitive to everything, which isn't news to me.  The normal starting dose for glutathione is 600mg so my start dose is half of normal and I still had a larger than normal reaction to it.

Anyway, I must have dosed off during the IV because I swear she had just put it in when she took me off it again.  I had been trying to meditate like I had last week but all the chairs in the treatment room were full of patients and several of the women knew each other so it was quite noisy.  While the place was too noisy to meditate I didn't have any trouble catching a mininap.

Now I was tired and just starting with my neuro symptoms, balance and muscle weakness.  I had to have my son come in and help me out of the chair and walk over to my wheelchair.  It was a bit of a challenge with all the obstacles in the room.  This is also why my wheelchair doesn't fit into the room.  The room is way too small.  There are five chairs and at least six poles plus the little wheelie stool for the nurse.  Wicked crowded.  But I'm getting sidetracked....

The metallic taste didn't start until after I left the place instead of during treatment.  We stopped at a store during the trip home and I picked up an iced tea to try and get rid of the taste.  I knew it wouldn't last long but ick.  It just tastes nasty.

About four hours later the heartburn kicked in and then at the five hour mark diarrhea.  Yeah, a little TMI but I'm in full disclosure mode here.  These are all signs my body is detoxing.  I just read in my GAPS book that a hot bath with 1c of baking soda or apple cider vinegar or Epsom salts will work to leach toxins out through the skin and if the bath is hot enough through sweat as well.  Not sure on that one.  Really hot baths showers make my CFS symptoms really bad.  Like someone has the pick me up off the bathroom floor because I can't move bad.  And yes my husband has really had to do this.  As far as I know, it has to do with the expansion of the blood vessels and not being able to pump enough blood up to the brain or something like that.  I just know that hot showers and I don't agree with each other anymore but I'm game for a warm bath with some baking soda in it.

So the plan for the evening is:
At least one dose of activated charcoal to help with detox.
Sipping Kombucha to help with the metallic taste.
Warm bath with baking soda to help with detox and my sore tushie but I have to wait for hubby to come home so I have help getting out the bath if I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment