Monday, October 3, 2011

Food

My good friend Dominique of 4 Walls and a View has started a Facebook group based on Dr. Wahls' diet.  We have both purchased her book Minding My Mitochondria and I've purchased a juicer and a juicing book written by an exCFS chick who cured herself through juicing.  Did I mention that I thought I was onto something here?

Anyway, today was a good energy day so I managed to drag hubby around Whole Foods to load up on organic fruits and vegetables in anticipation of the juicer arriving later this week.  Lots of kale, celery, carrots and apples.  Also some ginger and dill for giggles.

You are more than welcome to join us on our food journey, click here.  Dr. Wahls' diet sounds like a modified Paleo diet.  I let you know more after I read her book.  It should arrive Tuesday but I'm a slow reader.  In the meantime, I'm finally setting up to make mother cultures of yogurt and buttermilk.  I can't use raw milk for this but I found some low temp pasteurized milk.  My chiropractor says it tastes just like raw so I'm hopeful that this will culture up nicely and then I can make raw milk yogurt and buttermilk later this week.  Once that is done it is onto making raw milk cream cheese and raw milk sour cream.  I can hardly wait since these will both produce whey which I can use to ferment vegetables such as sauerkraut and ginger carrots.

My next IV is this Thursday so I might be off milk products at the end of the week again.  It seems like I can't have any dairy for several days after treatment.  Today is the first day since my last treatment that I've been able to drink milk without horrible heartburn afterwards so it looks like a three day waiting period.  I'm making a large batch of chicken soup in anticipation of IV related tummy trouble. Most of it will go in the freezer for easy late night meals.  It is getting too cold for salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment