Sunday, October 16, 2011

Glutathione IV: Week Four, Part Two

Saturday seems to be the magic day.  My head is clear.  I'm only moderately fatigued.  Hence I went on another cooking binge.

But first, my Friday:
Still tired.  No energy and my head is fogged.  I found a stash of bentonite clay which hubby had bought last year for reasons unspecified.  Looks like Friday has become detox day.  I feel like crap from the IV so I had a bath with a cup of baking soda in it.  The bath was as hot as I could stand the water.  It was the first time I felt warm all day and it certainly got the blood flowing.  I had to be careful getting out of the tub.  Totally light headed and hubby wasn't home to help.

I tried the clay for the first time instead of the usual activated charcoal.  You mix a tablespoon of it with water and drink it.  You can also bathe in it but I don't have enough for that.  I know I'm not taking enough charcoal because it is in capsule form and I really need the loose powder form so that I can take a lot of it at once in water instead of a handful of pills.   I spent the evening watching Star Trek Enterprise since I couldn't even focus my eyes to read never mind getting my brain to interpret the words.  My son helped me make dinner since I was a total scatter brain and couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes at a shot.

Saturday:
Ah bliss.  Clear head.  I can stand up.  I can read.  I can get stressed out.  Yup, as soon as I feel okay I feel this urgent need to do everything at once.  Cook.  Clean.  Sew.  Read.  Ferment.  Etc.  I finally just sat down with a cup of tea and reminded myself that I'm ill.  I can't do all that stuff and I shouldn't be expected to.  I told myself that I would attempt to make sauerkraut, which I've been meaning to do for weeks, and that I can sit down and rest anytime I wanted to.  So I made the kraut with no problems.  I even took a photo, of course I never got it off my camera but my first jar of sauerkraut has been photographed.  Then I made some carrot juice since I haven't used my juicer since Sunday.  Ugh a whole week but I shouldn't berate myself.  I crashed pretty hard after my friend came for her visit.  I had a sit out on the deck with my juice.  Caught the odd ray of sunshine that managed to peak out from behind the clouds.  Not a good sunbathing day but hey I was outside!

Back in to the house.  Got Pandora running on the computer so I had some music to listen to.  Cracked my Nourishing Traditions cookbook and found a recipe for stuffed cabbage.  I had set aside some cabbage for my dinner.  I was by myself and I love cabbage but never have it since the guys hate it.  A plot was hatched.  I was going to make myself some rice, savory beef and cabbage.  Sort of stuffed cabbage without the stuffing step and no icky tomato sauce.  I got busy.  Using the spicing from the NT book and a little ingenuity I threw together dinner.  It was AWESOME!!  Best food I've had in a long time.  I'm loving this real food diet.  It is taking me back to my cooking roots.  The food is like I remember as a kid.  Lots of flavor and extra yumminess when I get to put grass fed butter on my veg.

I was so excited I decided I had to write a food blog post, see Fast Foodie.  Then, since I made wicked good chicken soup on Wednesday, I had to write those recipes out as well.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening writing blog posts while listening to cool music on Pandora.  I've had a great day.  I loved the cooking once I got past feeling obligated to do it.  I loved writing about it as well.  The kitchen is an absolute mess but I don't care.  I'll take care of that tomorrow.  I ended up having fun after all.  I think over the years because I've made food to make my husband happy instead of food to make myself happy I've lost the joy of cooking somewhere along the line.  Today I remembered how much fun I can have in the kitchen.  How much I used to love it as a kid.  I used to bake for funzies.  Now that I have made a commitment to cook for myself for health it is becoming enjoyable again.  I just have to remind myself that I can stop and sit down anytime I want.  I can pace myself.  I can cook in steps.  It doesn't all have to be done at once.  I'm getting some fun back in my life one hour, one cooking bender at a time.  Smiles and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment