Friday, October 28, 2011

More on Gut Bacteria

Discovery News

"The Gist:
  • Research shows that gut bacteria can affect obesity and even behavior.
  • New findings show that gut bacteria play a role in the development of multiple sclerosis in mice.
  • Studies could lead to a better understanding of disease and offer a solution of stool transplants."



 Science News

"Previous reports had indicated that gut bacteria might be involved in autoimmune disorders such as MS, juvenile diabetes and arthritis, says Simon Fillatreau, an immunologist at the German Rheumatism Research Center in Berlin."

As I stated before, I think I'm onto something here.  I think the combination of glutathione for detox and food to rebuild my guts is the right way to go.  I'm doing fantastic.  It takes 3-6 months to get the healing process cranking.  For complete healing it can be up to two years according to the GAPS author.  When my body is doing better and I can detox without the aid of the IVs I will probably do the GAPS intro diet.  I would love my guts to work normally.  Once my guts are working I will probably continue with Weston Price as my daily diet.  Returning to the SAD is out of the question but it would be nice to be able to eat the odd sandwich without having horrible repercussions.

BTW, grains and sugars are creeping back into my diet.  I have to stop cheating if I want to heal properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment