Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Day of Rest

Nice low key day today.  I did get up early to see my Mom off at the airport after her two week visit.  It was so nice having her here with me even if it was a short visit.  She helped me a lot around the house.  We did laundry and dishes and dinner prep together.  This doesn't sound like much but it is huge after being so sick I couldn't do any of those things.  We also got out of the house several times.  We went girl shopping which was great.  She pushes me much more slowly through stores so I actually have time to look at stuff and she doesn't get mad when I keep asking for stuff off shelves I can't reach.  What a pleasure.  I miss her already.

Of course I went back to bed after eating breakfast.  I managed to sleep for several hours.  I made some soup for lunch, see Fast Foodie for the recipe.  We ate left overs for dinner.  Hubby drove me up to the farm so that I could pick up some more raw milk since I was almost out.  He went out in the garage to play with his cars.  He is building a '57 Bel Aire.  I fell asleep again and I'll probably go to bed early to boot.

I'm feeling a bit run down today.  Not surprising really.  I'm glad I could take it easy today.  More than likely I'm still recovering from Thursday's trip.  Ugh.  I really need to find a driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment