Thursday, October 21, 2010

Whiplash

"Your mood swings are giving me whiplash." -Bella in Twilight

Usually my husband gives me whiplash.  I never know what mood he is going to be in and I can't predict the triggers for his hissy fits.  Today, however, it was my turn to give him whiplash.

I woke up depressed about our marriage.  I read too many web sites about how to figure out if your marriage is going under.  Of course I figured I was doomed and spent the night agonizing over it.  I lost sleep over it.  Woke up cranky and tired and silent.  Then I went to my chiropractor whom I haven't seen for about three weeks.  He adjusted all sorts of stuff in my neck and back and then did this weird energy clearing thing.  I immediately started to feel better.  We were laughing and joking around.  I went home in a much better mood.  Then of course came my afternoon crash and I slept through the show Mum and I were watching on TV.  When I woke up I was all better (mentally anyway).  Woohoo!  Sunny skies are here again!  Life is good!   Things will be okay! 

When I tucked my husband in this evening he commented on this transformation.  He said he can't handle me going through four seasons in one day.  It was all I could do not to laugh at him.  So I smiled, kissed him goodnight and tucked the blanket under his toes.  We'll make it.  It might take a bit of work but no one ever said marriage would be easy.  He is a good guy and he is worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment