Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Adding Insult

Too add insult to injury, I now have a horrible cold on top of whatever I have.  This is my first time being sick on top of being ill.  I'm wondering how long this cold is going to last; if it is going to make me crash; and if I am going to have any complications.  I only got it yesterday.  I have no idea where from since I'm stuck in the house unless it rode in on a library book.  Within 24 hours I have one of the worst head colds of recent memory.  It has migrated into my ear and is causing all sorts of pain and balance problems.  Luckily I got to sleep in this morning which was nice.  I'm ready for bed again though and it is only 12:30 in the morning. 

I just spent two hours on line filling out all the forms for social security disability.  I had to keep calling my husband over to check my answers and my typing.  I wish he would have filled it out for me but he was approaching hissy fit stage so I couldn't push it.  I couldn't even read the directions by the end.  I printed everything out so I can go over it when my brain is working a bit better.  I wanted to do it earlier this month but I kept waiting for my brain to work and apparently it has been a bad month for that.  I highly recommend NOT filling out government forms while fighting a chronic illness and simultaneous head cold.  I hope I filled everything out correctly.  I know I left a few blanks, like I remember what I was earning 15 years ago.  Seriously??  What possible relevance could my salary from 15 years ago have to my current disability status???  At least I made the deadline.  When I get better I'm going to have to go to the SS office a few towns over.   I'm not looking forward to that.  I'm wondering if it is another realm of hell that is close to the DMV (dept. of motor vehicles = the third circle of hell).  The forms themselves aren't really that bad.  If I had been fully functional I would have done better and gotten through it a lot faster.  Sigh.  It is done.  I'll have to take corrections with me when I go to the office.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your blog! Take vit d spray or pills - kills bad bugs and keeps complications at bay. Helps me alot! Take Care, Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete