Thursday, November 11, 2010

Small Victories


America's Test Kitchen

I made a kick ass dinner last night.  Hubby drove me to this cool Italian grocers so I could get really yummy supplies.  I used the Baked Ravioli recipe from America's Test Kitchen's Cover and Bake cookbook but used my GF ravioli for me.  It is easy to make but a little fussy so I needed to do this on a relatively good day.  Of course I sit at the kitchen table to chop things and get the meat out of the sausage casings so the only stand up work I had to do was sauteing and assembly.  It is a three step process, boil the ravioli and saute the onion, garlic and sweet sausage meat, then assemble and top with mozzarella and Parmesan and then bake.  It was awesome!  I'm really glad we got the high end ingredients instead of the prepackaged crap from the supermarket.  It made such a difference in the food.  I am so happy I made such a nice dinner.  I think it was the best one since I've been sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment