Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dancing in the Rain

Gene Kelly aside, the first time I saw people dancing in the rain for real was up in the mountains in western MA.  Hubby and I went to a festival on the town green.  Now the green is surrounded by the town buildings.  All three of them.  These are tough as nails coutry folk who live off the land and often off the grid and today was party day.  So when it started to rain they just took off their shoes and continued to dance.  Turning smiling faces up to the clouds in sheer joy.  It was a beautiful day!

I need to do the same.  I need to learn to dance with joy in this time of rain.  I need to remember that I am alive.  I have a loving family.  I have people who care about me and pets that adore me.  I am lucky to be alive.  I need to remember that I too am tough as nails.  I have been given the rare gift of life.  I should live it with joy despite the rain.  After all, it is a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment