Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Good Day

The drug is still in my system which means that my arms still feel burned.  However, I spent the day with no pain and no nausea.  I also got up at 9am which is the first time in months and had decent energy levels today again the first time in months.  So despite the "sunburn" I had a good day.  Things I got to do today:
  • Made a kickass omelet with Gruyere, pecorino and Parmesan cheese
  • Cleaned up my sewing area
  • Hemmed a curtain (first time I've sewn since becoming ill)
  • Threw together a crock pot dinner with the help of my son
  • Helped him do the dishes after dinner
  • Got to watch the figure skating national competition on TV
  • Did some internet surfing and blog reading
I did have a minor crash and had to lie on the couch not moving for about 3 hours but I didn't have to sleep.  How cool is that??  I'm dreading the pain coming back and as the sunburn diminishes I'm getting twingy again so I expect to be hurting by tomorrow.  It is amazing what pain does to one's mood.  I am so despondent and grumpy when I'm in pain.  Give me one pain free day and I think I can actually conquer this illness.  It would be nice if that turned out to be true.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better! I hope that 'sunburn' clears up soon.

    You're omlette sounds amazing!

    Grumpy...hmmm. I call it snarkiness but same difference, huh! :-)

    It is the hardest thing for me not to do when I don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those times where we feel closer to normal are sooo great...to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete